Woodland Basecamp Workshop - Saturday 24th February 2018
A whole day of woodland activities based around a central woodland camp that will provide you with a range of new outdoor skills to help you connect better with the natural environment and serve you well on future adventures, be they in mountains, by the coast or in the forest.
Saturday 24th February 2018 10am - 5pm
- Explore the local surroundings and learn what the woodland has to offer.
- Get to know the most useful woodland tools, the axe, knife and saw.
- Split firewood using a range of different axes and techniques.
- Learn how to build and maintain a good fire on which to cook.
- Be shown how to cook outdoors using a Dutch Oven and eat the delicious results.
- Carve a wooden spatula using an axe, knife and saw.
- Unlock the hidden secrets of the forest, trees, wood and traditional forestry.
- Feel super proud and drink beer by the camp fire.
- Wild camp in the woods after the workshop (optional).
- Take home nice things.
- Camping equipment available to hire from Rab and Poler.
On booking a place, the student will be sent further details of our location plus a confirmation of booking form to complete. If paying the deposit now, the remaining payment must be made 1 week before the workshop. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless Miscellaneous Adventures cancel the workshop. Refunds of full payment (minus the deposit) can be made if the student cancels up to 2 days before the workshop. We cannot guarantee any refund if the student cancels within 48 hours of the workshop unless there are exceptional circumstances. All such refund decisions are at the discretion of Miscellaneous Adventures.