Axcellent Adventure Workshop
February Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th, 2017
An enduring symbol of freedom, wilderness and adventure, the axe is probably the most useful tool available to the outdoors person. Whether you're hiking through forested terrain, staying in a cabin or simply want to heat your home with wood, the axe can furnish you with everything you need to be comfortable. However before you go out and swing an axe at something for the first time there are some things you should know. Let us show you how to use one without damaging yourself or the environment, maintain and care for it and more, all whilst camping in the forest on our Axcellent Adventure Workshop.
- Join us in a working forest next February for two full days of axe related adventures.
- Learn everything you need to know about the most useful and fun tool for outdoor adventuring.
- Master axe maintenance and sharpening.
- Fell and process trees safely and responsibly.
- Unlock the hidden secrets of the forest, trees, woodcraft and traditional forestry.
- Carve utensils from the wood you have felled.
- Eat delicious hearty meals cooked over the campfire and drink local craft ales.
- Wild camp amongst the birch and scots pine forest.
- Take home limited edition Misc. Adventures souvenirs.
- Meet like minded, creative outdoors folk.
- Camping equipment available to hire from Rab and Poler.
The workshop will be run by illustrator and designer turned woodsman, Andrew Groves who has learned the art of axe craft whilst living in a woodland barn for the last 5 years and has since applied his skills on many outdoor adventures. He also holds the industry standard qualifications for felling and processing trees.
On booking a place, the student will be sent further details of our location plus a confirmation of booking form to complete. If paying the deposit now, the remaining payment must be made 1 week before the workshop. Please note that the deposit is non-refundable unless Miscellaneous Adventures cancel the workshop. Refunds of full payment (minus the deposit) can be made if the student cancels up to 2 days before the workshop. We cannot guarantee any refund if the student cancels within 48 hours of the workshop unless there are exceptional circumstances. All such refund decisions are at the discretion of Miscellaneous Adventures.